May 18, 2009 10:31 AM | 0
“Summer, summer, summertime, time to sit back and unwind.” Will Smith said it best in his 1991 classic Summertime.
Memorial Day is right around the corner and it marks the unofficial kick off to the season of sun. Nothing says summer like firing up the grill or packing lunch for a picnic in the park. As we bid cold weather adieu and usher in the summer madness, check out these Brooklyn barbecue and picnic locations that our BPL staffers suggest:
1) Prospect Park: “It’s the ideal place for a picnic. There’s so much space, you’re bound to find the perfect spot to eat and play”
2) Amersfort Park in Flatbush: “This little gem nestled in Flatbush has recently been upgraded and is truly a lovely location for a Sunday afternoon picnic”
3) Manhattan Beach in Sheepshead Bay: “They offer barbecue areas, picnic tables and miles of beautiful beach.”
4) Canarsie Pier in Canarsie: “I know summer is here by the smell of barbecue and the endless line of cars driving into Canarsie Pier.”
5) Empire Ferry State Park: “Great location to take in the views of the Manhattan skyline and set down blankets for a picnic.”
6) Owl’s Head Park by Shore Road: “It’s spacious, calm and offers great views of the water.”
Remember, some locations require a barbecue permit. For more information call 311.