Jun 8, 2010 12:14 PM | 2
Jonathan Lethem is not only a well-known and award-winning author, but he’s also a Brooklynite, which is apparent by his familiarity with the borough in many of his books, including one of my faves, Motherless Brooklyn.
When he’s not writing, he’s reading some of the best books around (IMHO.) If you like his work, perhaps you should check out some of the same books he loves.
FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOKS
1. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
2. Through The Looking Glass by Lewis Carol
3. The Wind In The Willows by Kenneth Grahame
4. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
5. Harriet The Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
FAVORITE ADULT BOOKS
1. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
2. The Trial by Franz Kafka
3. The Man Who Loved Children by Christina Stead
4. Another Country by James Baldwin
5. Ubik by Philip K. Dick